Sunday, October 30, 2011

I am a good mom!

In the boys family when you turn 16 you get a container of coins, my oldest got his last January. He rolled the coins himself and was saving it for a camera.

I decided the other day that I would take the coins and turn them into cash and hand it to him. Was going to tell him he could open a bank account with it or use it towards something for his camera.

When I went to get his container of coins out of his room it was gone! That night I asked him about it and he started to get a tear in his eye. He told me that he gave it to his Dad when he didn't have a place to stay. He thought it would help him.

I hugged my son and told him I was proud of him for putting others first. I have always raised the boys to think of others, to put their needs second when others need help.

I am doing this Mom thing right, they are getting what I am trying to teach them!

Now.....have to help my son get that money back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States