Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What have I lost out in?

I think because I was so scared when I was younger I missed out on so much! Don't get me wrong I had some great adventures when I was younger and a few battle scars from them but I have the achy feeling that I have lost some kind of chunk of my life.

Could it be the chunk of meeting my future husband at the age of 19 and was with him until we divorced (that was close to 20 years of being together). I lost a huge chunk of time with someone that really didn't love me, someone who didn't think of forever and someone who didn't think twice of taking that time away from me.

There is so much I could have done....traveled, went to more parties, met more people.

Don't get me wrong, we did have a great relationship until things in our life changed. I have two amazing sons from the marriage and an amazing extended family because of it....but I do regret not getting out sooner, and moving home when it didn't seem he wanted to marry me.

I wonder what life would have been like if I didn't meet the 'man of my dreams' at 19. Where would I be? What would I have? Would I be happy?

I don't like living life in the 'should of, could of' world....I guess I have the next 40 or so years to really reclaim that time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States