Friday, June 26, 2015

Love always wins

Today was a great day for love! A few years ago, I would have been upset that the US Supreme Court voted to allow same sex marriage. I was dead set against it, I viewed it as evil, it was against what the bible says and those who entered into a same sex marriage was doomed for hell. But lucky for me, I have come to the realization that thought process was completely wrong.

I am a Christ Follower, I read my bible, participate in bible studies and attend church on a regular bases. Jesus was asked what is the greatest of the commandments and he said this in Matthew 22:37-39  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

So allow me to interpret this in my own words....I believe what Jesus is saying is that no matter who you are around (work, grocery store, on the soccer field...etc) that you are to treat them respect, dignity,with compassion and love. He didn't say love you neighbor unless they are gay or transgender or have a different belief system then you. He said to love!! Not hate!!

Regardless where you stand on this issue, you need to be able to make room for love. 

I love different things....I love hamburgers.....I love the beach.....I love Jesus....I love my children....does that mean that you are going to treat me different because you hate hamburgers?

I haven't been in deep, can't live without you love in a long time but I still believe in the idea of it. And I don't want anyone to take that from me because they are against it.  I believe in that deep, can't live without you love for anyone who has the capability of love regardless of who they are attracted to.

Love always wins....regardless! Could you imagine what the world would be like without love? I don't want to every be in that world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States