Monday, June 22, 2009

The Cutting of the Apron Strings

When the boys were born, I thought they would be mine forever. Well, on some levels they will be mine forever. Now forever has come, for one of them.

In September my oldest will start High School...the start of the cutting of the apron strings. I stand in front of him in awe, what happened to my cubby baby? Now he stands taller then me, and is skinny. I look at him with such hope that I have given him the tools he will need to be good in high school. Get good grades, treat women with respect, go to church (or a least remember to pray), do well in sports and treat everyone they way you want to be treated.

I have to let him go, and be the man God has planned for him. He does not belong to me, he belongs to himself. He has to make choices now, good or bad. He has to learn how to make in this crazy world.

I don't want to cut the apron strings, I want to keep him safe, protected. But I have to cut them, as much as it hurts to see him go...its time to cut.

At least I have another one to keep close...but that one has wanted the apron strings cut since birth...what's a mom to do....let them go....say a prayer...and let them know they are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States