Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Confessions of a Fat Lady...part 2

Week 2 of Weight Watchers, lost one pound and I thought that I wouldn't lose anything. I over ate my points each day, I have added walking back into my daily routine. Klondike is a great reminder to get up and walk, every night from 8:00pm - 9:00pm he comes into my room and whines and will keep whining until I take him for a walk.

I need to break the bad habits I have developed over the years when it comes to food. I still see myself as weighing 100 pounds like I did in high school. I was able to eat whatever I wanted and didn't gain a ounce. I know that is not true...but sometimes a donut just is so good. I have to look at doing that as a reward /treat instead of a normal routine. I need to develop habits that are around good food not sugary junk or high in fat.

Last weekend I went to a farmers market and enjoyed looking and tasting fresh/healthy foods. I tried fresh cheeses, oranges, grapes and fresh flavored butters. Bought some great items that we have started using in the house. I made an amazing mac and cheese with fresh items that we bought. I think the Europeans have the right idea, they have smaller refrigerators which means they have to buy fresh items and use them right away. This means there is hardly any additives that can change the taste and health values.

So off to rework my menus for the next week and off to find some more farmers markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States