Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Getaway




When I need to getaway, I just drive 10 minutes to Mission Trails and take a hike. During the spring after the rains, it is the most beautiful place in the world to me. It's hard to believe that just north of those hills there are people living.

There are water falls that we hike to, when we get there the boys go and explore and I just sit on a rock, watching them and thanking God for them.

The great thing about the trails is the escape of them, I can be in the middle of nature 10 minutes from my house. A few times I have hiked we have seen coyotes, ducks, rabbits, bugs...I love it.




During the spring we drink cool water right from the stream, it is so amazing to drink. I have brought bottles with me to take back. It is so pure and yummy.

I love my place of escape...gives me peace...time to think....a time to escape if only for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States