Monday, December 23, 2013

Hope

Yesterday,  I listened to two different messages at two different churches, and they both had a very similar theme to them.....Hope.

In the NIV version of the Bible the word Hope is mentioned a 159 times (it must mean something to God if it is in there that many times), the definition of hope is to want something to happen or be true and think that it could happen or be true,  to cherish a desire with anticipation, to expect with confidence.

Hope is a powerful thing! Hope allows us to see past our present situation, Hope changes us, Hope gives us joy, Hope gives us courage and Hope frees us!

It is such a tiny word, only four letters long and when you say it does not sound harsh.

I believe in Hope, I believe that Hope is going to bring me an amazing 2014 and beyond. I believe that Hope will get me through any situation.

Brooke Fraser's CS Lewis song sums up Hope very well for me:

"For we, we are not long here
Our time is but a breath, so we better breathe it
And I, I was made to live, I was made to love, I was made to know you
Hope is coming for me
Hope, He's coming"

Believe in Hope....its coming for me and for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States