Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving blahs or Food Coma has taken over my brain

Thanksgiving is time with family and friends and giving thanks for all of the blessing in your life. I spent Thanksgiving painting my hallway and a quick dinner down by the water. I have so many things to be thankful for but this Thanksgiving I am feeling a little less blessed and a tad bit sad.

This was the first Thanksgiving that my oldest is away at college, was sadden there was no call saying "Happy Thanksgiving Mom, I hope you have a good day and I miss you". There was no "Hey Mom I am so grateful for you and what you do for me" from my youngest.

I am thinking my boys do not like me, my oldest was happy to get away from me and my youngest is counting the days down until he can get away from me.

I have raised the two of them basically on my own for eight years, their dad has been around but I have taken care of their day to day needs and have given so much to them that I have neglected me.

Maybe that is where I went wrong, I gave too much.

I have so many single mom friends and I am so envious of their relationships with their children. Their children make them breakfast in bed on their birthday. They get their Mom flowers and a card on Mother's Day. They get phone calls from their children on holidays. They like to take pictures with their Moms. They say Thank You to their Mom for all that she is done for them.

Where did I go wrong?  I did what I thought was best for them, I made decisions for them that I thought would be good for them. I thought I taught them to be kind to others, to be respectful for those who care for them.

Think the food has gone to my brain and filled my head with lies....but why am I so sad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States