Sunday, January 19, 2014

Confessions of a Fat Lady....my scale is bi-polar

I have a really bad habit of always weighing myself all the time and I have come to the conclusion my scale is bi-polar!!

In the morning I will weigh 177 and then an hour later I will weigh 179 and then a few hours I will weigh 176 and then 178....my scale is all over the place. I know as the day goes on you put a little weight on. But to go up and down all day long drives me crazy.

I have been pretty good about watching what I am eating, trying to take the dog for a walk at least 5 times a week. But this bi-polar scale is driving me crazy.

Need to think about how my body feels, do I have more energy, are my clothes feeling loose and am I realizing my cravings for food can be suppressed by seeking other things besides food.

I started reading a book called "Made to Crave" and so far I love it! The book is about feeling our cravings for food with scripture and craving a relationship with God more than food. The book is not saying that our relationship with God will satisfy us more then food, its more about figuring why we crave and over eat.

I eat when I am bored, I overeat because I am not listening to my body...I need to realize that I only need food to fuel my body, I don't need it to feel better about myself...

Now I need to deal with my bi-polar scale...think it might be time for a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States