Thursday, January 30, 2014

Confessions of a Fat Lady.......My scale is not the problem, it's me

That darn scale has not budged in days! Then I started to look over my food journal, and most days I stay at or just under my allotted calories for the day and yes there are some where I am way over.

This losing weight thing starts and stops with ME! No one else, can't blame the scale or the temptation of yummy, so not good for me food.

I am reading a book called "Made to Crave", and this statement really got me 'I was just eating too much of the wrong kinds of food and felt trapped in a cycle of hunger. I felt hungry all the time. And I felt discouraged and down about my escalating weight yet powerless to make the necessary changes.'

I have all of the tools in the world to eat better, to buy better food into my body but I just don't do it.

I wrote a reply to an On Line Bible study on this book (highly recommend Proverbs 31 ministries on line bible studies), my comment was about how almost every conversation I have is about food or there is food around us when we are talking about food. I have replaced the idea of food being something to fuel my body as something to indulge in, something that everything in my life circles around. When I am sad I eat, when I am happy I eat, when I am ______ (insert emotion here) I eat.
Don't get me wrong, I love the time I spent with people around a great meal. But eating has consumed my life, I rather eat the face some of the issues in my life.

Philippians 4:13 says' I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'....so I need to turn to him during emotional times and ask for guidance, I need to turn off the switch that tells me to eat during emotional times.

Need to rethink what I put into my body...is it for fuel or for pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States